Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thanks, friend.

I've been so busy the last few days with PTO at one school and running back and forth to things like Cross Country practice, gymnastics practice and Target, I have barely had thoughts to assemble aside from "Get out of MY way!!!" We Mass drivers are like that. sorry.

Today I had the joy of sitting with a friend for a couple hours with coffee (and no kids-delightful) and talking about things. She was wonderful, and just what I needed when I'm thinking about my life. She says, " I had no idea you were a certified teacher. When will you go back to teaching."
"Never." Say I. "I am so over the system."
"Do you envision yourself working outside the home again?" asks my friend.
"yes. But that's the real question, what do I do?"

She was a great friend and listened to all my rantings and shiny ball thoughts as we dashed from ziplining recently to how great our gymnastics coaches are to our collective kids. She did the best thing ever for me today too....she told me how good I am at being a mom and juggling it all.
"I'm such a mess," I say. "All the time. I think that it's so hard."
"That's what is great about you," she says, "you don't seem it at ALL. You are always on time, happy and ready to go. When you leave the room, it's a brighter place."
*sigh*
I have never, EVER been told that. Ever.
It was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment